Tortilleria La Bamba was founded in January 2010 in Cleveland, Ohio by four young entrepreneurs (Leticia Ortiz, José Andrade, Ricardo Redonda and Enedina Ortiz). Realizing the need and demand of a local tortilla producer which could provide a fresh product of good quality; the idea and creation of Tortilleria La Bamba arises.
The beginning of this project was a little difficult due to that we had no employees, we discovered and developed our skills in different areas such as: production, cutting, packaging, delivery, billing, collection, etc., which prompted us to create an efficient working system.
In the path of this beautiful adventure we have received help and support from friends and family members whom we thank with all our heart, as well as to our employees and customers, since everyone has been an essential part in the success of Tortilleria La Bamba.
Since its foundation up to today, near the West Side Market in Ohio City, every day from 6:00 am there are hardworking people producing tortillas to satisfy the tastes and needs of our customers.
We thank our customers for their preference and loyalty and we will keep working every day giving the best of ourselves to continue offering them a product of good quality and the best service as always.
LISTEN TO THE FULL INTERVIEW:
Elsons International continues to be a leader in Full service packaging solutions. Since 1984 Elsons International has been an industry leader in corrugated packaging products and services with an emphasis on manufacturing corrugated boxes of all shapes and sizes. The company provides protective packaging solutions for products that range from automotive interior components to aircraft engine parts. Elsons International also manufactures a complete line of Electro Static Discharge (ESD) packaging, corrugated pallets, heavy duty corrugated boxes, pads, internal liners, edge protectors, wood pallets and flexible packaging products such as poly bags and film.
LISTEN TO THE FULL INTERVIEW:
Makes 10 Servings
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground chicken breast
1 small red bell pepper, minced
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium bottled hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons plain dry whole wheat bread crumbs
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups celery sticks
2 1/2 cups carrot sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
2. To make the dressing combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine ground chicken, bell pepper, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, shallot, garlic, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed. With lightly moistened hands, from the mixture into 30 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on the baking sheet. Bake until meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce and gently toss until coated. Serve with the dressing, celery and carrot sticks.
Nutrition Information per serving (3 meatballs with scant 2 tablespoons dressing, 1/2 cup celery sticks, 1/2 cup carrot sticks):
Total Fat 12g (Sat. 1.5g Trans 0g)